Robert visited Jersey City Community Charter School on October 29th, 2004
A special message from Robert Pottle:
Hello to Jersey City Community Charter School. I have heard so many great things about your school. Bruce Lansky told me he had a great visit to Jersey City Community Charter School. I can't wait to visit.
I heard your school has studied Shel Silverstein. In my new book, Moxie Day the Prankster, one of the characters says something about a book by Shel Silverstein. Only a Silverstein expert would be able to find it. Are there any Silverstein experts at your school?
Learn More About Robert
- A brief autobiography by Robert Pottle.
Ask the Poet
- Robert is interviewed by Meadowbrook Press. Read the interview here.
Webquests and Lessons
- A great page of poetry lessons on Meadowbrook Press's site.
In Pursuit of
- This WebQuest will let you explore the world of poetry with authors who have their own poems published. They will give you tips on writing your own poems. You will get to enjoy some of their poems and you will write and submit your own poem. You will help create a multimedia presentation with the poems the group writes.
Beware Of Poems
- You will be choosing a theme, searching through books and internet sites, and compiling your own anthology of favorite poems.
SPEAKING /LISTENING Grade 4-5
- Ideas for using various poetry websites to improve listening and speaking skills.
- Participants in this webquest will become experts on a poet of their choosing.
- Great tips on how to perform a poem. Learn the importance of varying the pitch, rate and volume of your voice.