Are your school visits any good?
Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: I think you'll find that I am extremely qualified to perform school visits.
1. I was a first grade teacher for ten years. I know how to Enlighten, Inspire, and Entertain children.
2. I am widely anthologized in many of today's most competitive and best-selling poetry anthologies.
3. I was a first grade teacher for ten years. I understand curriculums, standards, and not leaving children behind.
4. I have presented to schools across the United States. My poetry is received well in rural, urban, and suburban schools.
5. I was a first grade teacher for ten years. I know how talk about current issues in education while in the teachers room - but I'm just as happy to talk about what happened on the last episode of LOST.
6. I have presented to teachers at the national level. I have been invited to present for the last two years at the IRA's national convention and I am preparing for next year's. I have performed alongside children's authors such as Bruce Lansky and John Archambault.
7. Oh, and before I forget, did I mention I was a first grade teacher for ten years?
^ Back to Questions List - or - > Read Next Answer
If you need a poet, a presenter, or a performer drop me a line. I have even written poems for hire for a leading educational software company.
Request a quote for your school. (You may be surprised!)
You can email me at
You can send mail, or call me at: Blue Lobster Press; 3919 Union St; Levant, ME 04456
phone: (330) R POTTLE (That's: (330) 776-8853)